Terms & Conditions
Here are my personal terms and conditions for dealing with clients as well as any other 3rd party or company that provides me with goods and/or services.
I have intentionally kept them free of jargon and legalese to make them as easy to understand as possible.
- By entering into any engagement or contract with me you hereby agree to and are bound by these terms and conditions.
- An engagement is defined as any ad-hoc, unexpected or non-contractual situation whereby my time and effort is required to resolve, provide support for or deal with in any manner.
- These terms and conditions may be changed or amended at any time at my own discretion.
1. Rates and Payments
- My standard rate for my time during normal business hours is as follows. These rates apply unless otherwise stated in writing.
- Onsite Work £65ph (Mon – fri, 9am – 6pm)
- Offsite (remote) work £50 ph (Mon – fri, 9am – 6pm)
- For urgent requests outside of business hours, my rate is £95 ph. This rate will be charged at my own discretion.
- If I am required to enlist the services of any 3rd party then any associated costs will be passed on to you.Note: I do not add any markup onto this.
- At my discretion, I offer a 50% discount on these rates for start-ups and non-profit organisations.
- All invoices non-profite on receipt unless otherwise stated.
- Your own payment terms are not applicable and do not override mine.
- For new clients, a deposit may be required in advance of any work being done.
- In the case of quoted/estimated work, the standard deposit is 50% of said quote/estimate.
- For ad-hoc consultancy/development work paid by the hour a pre-payment for x number of hours would be required, where x would be an amount agreed on a job by job basis.
- Until payment is made in full, I retain full copyright and IPR on any works.
- I reserve the right to “UNDO, REVERSE, REMOVE” any work that was done should I not be paid in full or should there be any dispute over the work done.
2. Additional Costs
- Travel costs
Reasonable travel to and from clients premises within the Thanet area is covered by my hourly rate. Any excessive travel or travel further afield may incur additional costs.
If adequate free parking if not available, then any parking related costs/charges will be billed to the client.
3. Chargeable Services
My billable time includes but is not limited to, those services listed below
- Development & Design
- Support & Trouble Shooting
- Dispute resolution
- Legal Action
- Any time spent dealing with issues/problems caused by any 3rd party providers/suppliers and/or their failure to provide subscribed or paid for products and/or services, including but not limited to:- Support tickets, phone calls, emails, letters, troubleshooting, diagnosing, testing, replacement of software/hardware or related consumables.
- In the case of my own providers/suppliers, they will be billed directly.
- in the case of suppliers/providers of clients, the client will be billed.
4. Recurring Billing
Payments for recurring/subscription services are accepted via direct debit or via PayPal.
- Subscriptions will be adjusted if the services you are being provided with changes, or the associated costs change due to inflation, tax, supplier costs.
You will be advised prior to any such changes.
- If you wish to cancel a recurring/subscription service, the request should be sent via email or in writing from the primary account holder or billing contact.
- if you are still within a minimum or agreed term contract and request an early cancellation, then the remaining balance of the contract will be due immediately.